Amazing New Custom Manufactured Homes
Holton Creek Homes is proud to offer our customers modular homes in addition to our regular lines of manufactured homes. Any of the manufactured floor plans can be built as modular homes, providing a large selection from which to choose. Custom design options are also available.
Kit Custom Homebuilders Pinehurst Model 2501 Home Features This brand new nicely laid out 1,174 Sq. Ft. 2 bedrooms plus den, 2 bath home...
2 months ago
- Bed2 + Den
- Sq Ft1174
2022 Kit Custom Homebuilders Cedar Canyon Model 2032 Home Features This brand new nicely laid out 1,280 Sq. Ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bath home...
1 year ago
- Sq Ft1280
SOLD 2022 KIT Custom Homebuilders Cedar Canyon 2027LS Home Features This brand new nicely laid out 2 x 6 Energy Star home is located...
2 years ago
- Sq Ft1023
Manufactured homes are often confused with modular homes because they are both delivered to the building site in sections, but there are distinct differences:
- Building Code – Manufactured homes are built to a federal HUD code known as Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards, rather than conforming to building codes at their individual destinations. Modular homes, on the other hand, conform to the building codes (UBC, the new IRC, or other local codes) that are required at the specific location where the home is delivered. In many cases, the construction exceeds the required codes. These local codes are the same that apply to site built homes.
- Foundation – Manufactured homes are usually put on a concrete slab foundation with a block skirting wall. Modular homes are put on a normal poured perimeter concrete wall, like a site built home. The modules are then either rolled or craned onto the foundation. See photos to the right.
- Financing – Since a modular home is considered by lending institutions to be similar to a site built home, the same financing opportunities are available for modular homes as site built homes. Financing for manufactured homes varies with different banks and lenders.
Advantages of Modular Homes
- Although modular homes are more expensive than the same floor plan of a manufactured home, they generally appraise for a higher value since they are more similar to a site built home.
- Modular homes are more cost effective than a regular site built home.
- Modular homes are built on the same type of foundation as a site built home, a normal poured perimeter concrete wall.
- The modular homes we offer are similar to site built homes in quality and qualifications for home financing.